This tuna macaroni salad recipe is a classic favorite. It is creamy seasoned mayonnaise with canned tuna, onion, and peas is a perfect combination for this salad.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded carrot
- 1/4 c. finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 (5-oz.) cans solid white Albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 c. spicy mayo
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together onion, carrot, pickles, lemon juice, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In the meantime, in a medium pot over medium heat, combine macaroni, 2 cups water, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain immediately and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir together tuna, mayo, paprika, and pepper. Fold in pasta and pickle mixture until well combined, then top with eggs.
- Garnish with scallion before serving.