The chicken goes in the marinade a few hours before grilling along with some scallions, the whole thing goes on the grill all at a time and you’ve got juicy, super flavorful grilled chicken that people cannot get enough of. If you’re missing maple syrup, use a little honey, etc.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 20 minutes. Turn; grill for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.