If you aren’t aware this Swiss meringue buttercream is different from the normal American buttercream frosting and is made from cooked egg whites. Easy to prepare by the step-by-step recipe.
- Caster sugar 90 g
- Egg Whites 2
- Butter 110 g
- Vanilla Pods 1
- First, to make perfect Swiss meringue buttercream, cut the butter into cubes and leave it to soften at room temperature in a bowl.
- Put the egg whites and sugar in a bowl and beat the mixture with a hand whisk.
- Put the bowl on a pan with boiling water and whip the cream in the bain-marie until you get a white and foamy texture.
- If you have a thermometer check when it reaches a temperature of 65 °C. At this point, move the bowl away from the heat and continue to whisk with an electric whisk or with a planetary mixer, adding a cube of butter at a time until everything is incorporated.
- Add the seeds from the vanilla pod and continue to mix until you get a soft and fluffy cream.
- Decorate your muffins or cupcakes by placing the Swiss meringue buttercream in a pastry bag with the tip of your choice.