Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake is highly nutritious, is a great source of fiber and vitamins, and may support your immune system.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 pound sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup torn kale leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or to taste
- 1 green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook and stir sausage in the same skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and browned, about 5 minutes. Add to the sweet potato in the bowl.
- Cook and stir onion and red bell pepper in the same skillet until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and kale; cook until kale softens, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to the bowl.
- Whisk eggs, water, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir into the sausage mixture. Pour into a large baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potato starts to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with green onion.