This dinner bowl recipe comes together in mere minutes and appeals to vegans and omnivores alike.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 (8.8 ounce) packages UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ medium avocados, divided
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in skillet; add rice and beans, stirring frequently. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add water, as needed, to get rice to desired texture. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine 1/2 of an avocado, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until sauce is thin. Add water if needed.
In 4 separate bowls, evenly divide rice and bean mixture, tomatoes, and corn. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of avocado-cilantro sauce. Top evenly with remaining avocado and cilantro. Add 1 tablespoon crushed tortilla chips to each bowl.