If you’re concerned that your kids eat too many sweets during Halloween, try these non-candy snacks. Dried and fresh fruit like apricots, mangoes, and grapes are such a lot more appealing once they check out you!
- 4 ounces dried apricots
- 4 ounces dried peaches
- ½ pound seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water, or as needed
- ¼ cup small candy eyeballs
- Arrange apricots and peaches on a platter. Skewer a few grapes on a toothpick vertically and the last one horizontally (for the head).
- Mix confectioners’ sugar with water to make a thin, slightly sticky icing. Use icing to glue 2 candy eyeballs on each piece of fruit and on the horizontal “head” of the grape caterpillar.