An amazing moist and sweet vegan cornbread recipe works well as muffins too.
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups soy milk, divided
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9×5-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat 1/2 cup soy milk, sugar, vegetable shortening, salt, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and baking powder together in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture, alternating with the remaining 1 cup soy milk. Beat until well blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.