This spiced hot fruit bake is a yummy and healthy holiday menu, and also it’s gluten-free.
- 2 cup sliced apples
- 2 cups pear slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (unrefined) or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon (extra for topping)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 stick melted butter (4 to 5 tbsp melted vegan butter can be substituted)
- Optional – An additional 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil or butter to coat walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- extra cinnamon for nuts or serving
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, spices, and honey or maple syrup.
- Mix in a few tablespoons of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9×12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter/oil mixture on top.
- baking for 1 hr.
OPTIONAL – Toss your nuts in a tiny bit of melted coconut oil or butter and pinch of cinnamon. I usually just coat the nuts in the leftover butter/sugar from the fruit mix bowl. Then sprinkle the nuts to the top of dish and bake all together for 1 hr.
Sprinkle any additional cinnamon and spiced over hot fruit bake before serving, if desired.
See notes for Make ahead prep