Pepper steak makes for a great weeknight dinner, it’s easy to prepare and will get you to the table in less than 30 minutes. Try it at home tonight!
- Soy Sauce 1 cup/250 ml
- Rice Vinegar 1 tbsp/15 ml
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Cornstarch 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp/45 ml
- Salt and pepper
- Beef Steak 1 lb/450 g, sliced thin against grain
- Green bell pepper 1, thinly sliced
- Onion 1, large thinly sliced
- Red Bell Peppers 1, thinly sliced
- Garlic 2 cloves, minced
- Ginger 1 tbsp, fresh minced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, and place the steak strips. Cook for a few minutes until beef is browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, fry the onion until translucent. Add the red and green bell peppers and cook for about 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Place the beef back in the skillet with the peppers and onions, and pour over the sauce. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes, to combine.
- Serve the pepper steak over white rice.