A spicy fruitcake with a delicious and fondant sugar glaze topping: try this gluten-free dessert recipe at home!
- Raisins 100 g
- Cherries 225 g, glace (candied), quartered
- Raisins 200 g
- Sherry 50 ml
- Butter 110 g
- Sugar 225 g
- Salt 1 pinch
- Nutmeg 1 pinch, grated
- Spices 1 tsp ground
- Eggs 3, beaten
- All Purpose Flour 225 g, gluten free
- Almonds 175 g, blanched, chopped
- Icing sugar 250 g, royal 3 tbsp
How to make a delicious fruitcake with sugar glaze
- Place all the fruits in a bowl with the sherry, stir well, cover and leave to stand overnight.
- Heat the oven to 160°C (140° fan) gas 3.
- Grease a 1kg |2lb loaf tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter with the sugar, salt and spices in a mixing bowl until light and creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Gently fold in the gluten free flour, followed by the soaked fruits and almonds, stirring well.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 2-2 1/4 hours until cooked through.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
For the icing
- Mix the royal icing sugar with a little water, adding a little at a time, until it is thick and smooth.
- Spread the icing on top of the fruitcake, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Leave to set.