This recipe is quick easy and delicious. Spoon over white rice and enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cooked andouille sausage, cut into quarters
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp (30-40 per pound)
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the bell pepper and onion; cook and stir
until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and
simmer for 10 minutes, then add the okra, sausage, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Cover and cook
for 30 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook until they are bright pink on the outside and the
meat is no longer transparent in the center, 8 to 12 minutes.