This recipe is the perfect time to prepare in cold seasons and it’s gluten-free by using quinoa pasta.
- 1T olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water
- 1.5 cups cooked & drained chickpeas (1 can)
- ½ cup (uncooked) quinoa elbow pasta
- 2 cups chopped kale
- a few squeezes of lemon
- 2 tablespoons white or shiro miso + a few tablespoons warm water
- optional - grating of pecorino cheese
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot over low heat. Add the chopped shallot and garand lic, and a pinch of salt. Cook for a few minutes until they slowly become translucent.
- Add the broth and water and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Optional step: (for a very clear soup) strain out the shallot & garlic pieces.
- Add the chickpeas, pasta, and kale, and cook until the noodles are tender and cooked through. Reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, whisk the miso with a few tablespoons of warm water until the miso is incorporated and not clumpy. Stir half the miso-water into the soup along with a squeeze of lemon. Taste. If your soup is not salty enough, add the rest of the miso water. Add more lemon, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and pecorino cheese, if desired.