These black bean tostadas are the easiest and fastest way to prepare with only 5 ingredients. For the topping, you can add additional veggies like radish and red onions.
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 tostadas
- 2 c. shredded pepper jack
- Avocado, sliced
- Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add beans and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and let simmer until beans are warmed through, about 10 minutes. Smash with a wooden spoon until most of the beans are smashed with some whole remaining. Add more water as needed to help create a smoother consistency.
- Meanwhile, place tostadas on a large baking sheet and sprinkle cheese evenly over each. Bake until cheese is melty, about 5 minutes.
- Top tostadas with beans, avocado slices, and hot sauce.