Soba, or buckwheat, noodles are a popular variety in Japan. Try mixing them in with cucumber and sesame seeds to make a delicious and easy Asian cucumber salad.
- Noodles 350 g, soba
- Rice Vinegar 50 ml
- Oil 4 tbsp, sesame
- Sesame Seeds 40 g
- Cucumber 1, peeled, halved lenghtways, thinly sliced
- Soy Sauce
- Brown sugar 1 pinch
- To prepare an easy Asian cucumber salad, boil the soba noodles in water with 2 tbsp soy sauce. Drain and mix with a little sesame oil. Leave until lukewarm.
- Roast the sesame seeds in a hot pan until golden brown. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Mix the vinegar and sugar with 3-4 tbsp water and the remaining oil and season with soy sauce.
- Mix in the cucumber and noodles and serve the Asian cucumber salad in small bowls.