This delicious vegan gravy is super simple, hearty, and ready in 15 minutes. Perfect to pour over your vegan mashed!
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter-style sticks
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon yeast extract (such as Vegemite)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir until lightly golden brown, 8-9 minutes (do not burn).
- Whisk cornstarch and broth. Gradually whisk into flour mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, yeast extract, garlic salt and pepper.