This batter makes light, fluffy, and delicious pancakes. I have been making them for years and everybody that tries them wants the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup neutral-tasting oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix the wet ingredients
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dairy-free milk, oil, ground flaxseed, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract.
Mix the dry ingredients
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Prepare the batter
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter! Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes.
Grease the griddle
- Heat your griddle or skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
Cook the pancakes
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or batter dispenser, pour pancake batter onto the warmed griddle. Once bubbles start to form and break on the top of each pancake, flip the pancakes. Cook until each side is golden brown.
Serve and enjoy
- Serve warm pancakes with maple syrup and a pat of plant-based butter. Here are the vegan butter brands we can’t resist!