This classic recipe is packed with savory and bacon but it is also filled with veggies too.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 c. loosely packed spinach
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and
let cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes. Stir and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender and
golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Add shallot and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until
wilted, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, tomatoes, and Parmesan. Fold in the mushroom
mixture and season again with salt and pepper. Pour into a 8″ to 9″ pie dish and bake until eggs
are just set, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool 3 minutes before slicing and serving.