This yummy wrap is easy and the best part is your choice of fillings (including cashew queso)!
- FOR LENTIL FILLING
- 2 1/2 c. cooked green lentils (from about 1 cup dried)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- FOR CRUNCHY WRAPS
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Chipotle Vegan Queso
- 8 tostada shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Quartered cherry tomatoes
- Vegetable oil, for pan
1. Make lentil filling: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 6
minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and chipotle
pepper, and cook, mashing pepper with a wooden spoon, until tomato paste has darkened
slightly, 2 minutes. Add cumin and coriander and season with salt. Add lentils and ¼ cup cold
water. Stir to combine, then cook, stirring and mashing some of the lentils occasionally, until
lentils are heated through and partially mashed, and no liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Add
more water a tablespoon at a time if skillet becomes dry.
2. Build crunchy wraps: Add a scoop of spiced lentils to the center of each flour tortilla, leaving a
generous border clear for folding. Drizzle with chipotle queso, then top with a tostada shell.
Spread tostada shell with an even layer of guacamole, then scatter lettuce and tomato on top.
3. Tightly fold edges of large tortilla toward the center, creating pleats. Carefully invert crunchy
wraps so pleats are on the bottom and they stay together.
4. Heat a thin layer of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add
one crunchy wrap at a time, seam-side down, and cook until golden, 3 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining crunchy wraps.