It is one of the few salads popular in Ukraine that doesn't contain mayonnaise! Enjoy!
- 1 pound beets
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 large dill pickles, diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Place the beets into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce
heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the carrots and potatoes.
Boil for another 10 minutes, then cover the pot and leave overnight.
2. The next day, peel and dice the beets, carrots, and potatoes into small, even pieces. Place the
vegetables in a large bowl. Stir in the pickles, onion, peas, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Garnish
with parsley before serving.