This recipe yields 8 regular-sized desserts, or several mini desserts if served in mini dessert cups for
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1. Combine cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt in a bowl until all ingredients are mixed
together well. Divide graham cracker mixture between 8 dessert dishes, about 2 tablespoons of
mixture per dessert dish.
2. Beat cream cheese in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add
sweetened condensed milk and beat in until well blended. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla
extract. Spoon 1/4 cup of cream cheese mixture into each dish on top of the graham crackers.
Top each with 1/4 cup of the cherry pie filling.
3. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.