Place eggplant in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and add water to cover. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- ¼ pound cubed eggplant
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
1. Place eggplant in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and add water to cover. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Drain and pat dry.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until
browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low and add diced tomatoes and green chiles, eggplant, bell pepper, garlic,
thyme, rosemary, and chili powder. Mix well, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15
to 20 minutes.