Choose the sweetest and juiciest watermelon you can find for the best agua fresca ever! This is one of
the most refreshing summer drinks you can make, and it's so simple to make at home.
- 4 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 2 ½ cups water, divided
- 1 cup peeled, chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili-lime seasoning (such as Tajin®)
- 1 wedge fresh lime
- ice as needed
- 4 slices watermelon
- 4 slices lime
1. Place watermelon and 1 1/2 cups water in a blender, and process at high speed until combined,
about 1 minute. Add cucumber, lime juice, and sugar; blend until smooth. Pour mixture through
a fine mesh strainer and using a spatula, press to remove the pulp. Don't skip this step, it's
2. Pour the strained mixture into a large pitcher, add remaining 1 cup water, and stir well.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or longer.
3. Sprinkle some Tajin® (chili lime seasoning) onto a small plate. Run the lime wedge around the
top of the glass, invert the glass, and dip the rim into the seasoning.
4. Fill the glass with ice, pour in the agua fresca, garnish with watermelon slices or wedges, and