A personal summer favorite! Cool watermelon spiced up just a bit. A quick, light take on a traditional
summer staple. When feeling adventurous, I love to replace parsley with mint for a fresh kick.
- 6 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Place watermelon in a large bowl.
2. Heat grapeseed oil in a skillet over low heat; cook and stir scallions and jalapeno peppers until
fragrant and warmed, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon scallion mixture over watermelon; season with salt
and pepper and toss to coat. Sprinkle parsley over salad.