Wonderfully creative substitute and Surprise your family with this excellent side dish! Smashed cauliflower recipe low carb and keto paleo. Great holiday low carb side dish of smashed cauliflower to replace potato for keto diet.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced (Optional)
- Place cauliflower in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and return cauliflower to pot.
- Stir butter, black pepper, salt, and garlic into cooked cauliflower.
- Mash cauliflower mixture with a potato masher or whisk until a smooth consistency similar to mashed potatoes.