Baked pineapple as a side dish, or with ice cream for dessert. This sugary pineapple concoction is ideal for an Easter meal because it is often used as a dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ pound butter, softened
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple
- 5 slices bread, crusts removed and broken into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl cream sugar and butter. Mix in eggs. Drain and add pineapple, then mix in the bread crumbs. Transfer mixture to a 10-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until browned.