Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with salsa; it can be served for the main course. A simple way in hurry days.
- 1 sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (5 pound) whole chicken
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- Spread onion rings into the bottom of a slow cooker crock. Place chicken onto onion layer with breast-side facing down. Pour salsa over the chicken.
- Cook on High until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 5 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove the chicken from slow cooker, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before cutting.