This is an easy and absolutely scrumptious dish which is mainly a great side dish with fish.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the rice, ginger, and lemon zest together in the hot oil for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pot and allow the mixture to simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.