This simple and healthy rice is a known favourite to Asian countries especially Indians love this food.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until almost tender. Stir in rice, and continue cooking until coated with oil.
- When onion is tender and rice begins to brown lightly, season with pepper, and pour in the broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.