This recipe is a traditional Christmas dish which consists of green beans, fried onions and mushrooms and this is an easy holiday dinner recipe.
- Butter 30 g
- Onion 1 each, diced
- Parsley 1 tbsp
- Mushrooms 100 g, diced
- All Purpose Flour 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Pepper 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Cream 250 ml, soured
- Beans 400 g, French
- Cheddar 110 g, grated
- Bread 225 g, crumbs
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Butter a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the onions, parsley and mushrooms until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are giving off their juices.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, and lemon juice; cook until the flour is slightly browned. Stir in the soured cream.
- Cook the beans in a pan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the green bean mixture into the baking dish.
- Mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs and melted butter and spread evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.