French lentil salad. Crisp, refreshing greens in light dressings. A loaded bowl is full of protein and every vegetable or fruit is imaginable. Hearty grain-based creations are served chilled on the side of your plate.
- Green lentils 250 g
- Spring onion 2
- Apple Cider Vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Ginger 30 g
- Mustard sauce 1 tablespoon
- Ricotta Cheese 150 g
- Celery 150 g
- Red chilli peppers 2
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Rosemary 1 spring
- Mint 4 leaves
- Basil 8 leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- If you are using giant green lentils, soak them in a bowl full of water. Let the lentils rehydrate for about 8 hours and then drain them.
- Roughly chop celery and brown it in a pan with garlic cloves, rosemary, and a drizzle of oil. Add the well-drained lentils, mix and cover with water.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook the lentils for about 15 minutes, until they are soft and the liquid has completely evaporated.
- Prepare the dressing for the green lentil salad. Put 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of oil and the mustard in a bowl, and emulsify well with a whisk or fork.
- Clean the spring onions and cut them into thin slices. Peel the remaining celery with the potato peeler and cut into slices. Clean the ginger and cut it into strips.
- Remove the ends of the peppers and cut them into rings. Once ready, put the lentils in a bowl and let them cool.
- Season the lentils with the emulsion and mix well. Add the chilli, ginger, spring onion, celery, sprinkled ricotta and finally the coarsely chopped aromatic herbs.
- Serve the French green lentil salad at room temperature or cold.