This basic vegetarian chili recipe tastes incredible! It’s easy to make with basic ingredients. It can be served during a vegan meal too.
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Onion 1 large, chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves, chopped
- Chili Pepper 1 tsp
- Tomato Paste 4 tbsp
- Tomatoes 500 g, chopped
- Vegetable Stock 400 ml
- Red Pepper 1, deseeded and chopped
- Green Pepper 1, deseeded and chopped
- Zucchini 2, chopped
- Eggplants 1, chopped
- Kidney Beans 400 g, drained and rinsed
- Sweet Corn 1 small tin, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onions until translucent. Add the garlic, cook for one minute then stir in the chilli powder and the tomato paste.
- Add half the tomatoes and blend to a puree with a hand blender.
- Pour in the stock then add the vegetables and the rest of the tomatoes. Simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with boiled rice, garnishing with parsley.