Avocado and basil are refreshing salads and packed with flavor. The secret of its success? A combination of textures that continues to delight the palate with each mouthful.
- Lettuce 400 g
- Avocado 2 ripe
- Lemon's half
- Mozzarella Cheese 4 balls of cow's milk mozzarella
- Tomatoes 4
- Basil 2 - 3 tbsp finely shredded, leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt Black Pepper
- Start by removing the outer leaves of the lettuce. Select the crisper leaves from the heart of the lettuce and rinse them in cold water. Then dry them carefully.
- Prepare the avocado by removing the stone. Spoon out the flesh and cut it into slices. Squeeze lemon juice over the avocado slices – This will stop them from turning brown.
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them. Put the oil, salt and some freshly ground pepper into a small bowl. Mix the salad dressing ingredients with a fork to obtain an emulsion.
- Slice the mozzarella.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate, add the tomatoes, avocado, and mozzarella.
- Dress with the emulsion of oil, salt, and pepper.
- Garnish with the basil leaves and serve.