It’s a perfect weeknight dinner for your quick recipe tonight with a Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta with an
aromatic flavor to taste.
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. shredded pepper jack
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt
and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes, then add onion and bell
peppers and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes more. Add spices and stir until coated.
3. Stir in tomatoes, broth, and half-and- half and simmer until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
Add cooked spaghetti and toss until coated, then remove from heat, add cheeses, and stir until
melty and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Garnish with cilantro before serving.