What’s better than a tasty, vegetarian, and healthy recipe? Maybe just a few family recipes. Chinese-inspired broccoli fried rice is a healthful and tasty dish that is also advisable for recycling leftover rice. Use this basic technique to fry the rice then you’ll add any ingredients you like: cabbage, shrimp, chicken, and even beef. Here’s how to do it.
- Spring onion 2
- Eggs 4
- Caster sugar 1 tablespoon
- Ginger 1 piece fresh ginger
- Soy sauce 5 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil 2 tablespoons
- Rice Vinegar 2 tablespoons
- 1 clove
- Sushi rice 240 g of cooked sushi rice
- Clean broccoli thoroughly and then chop it into pieces, including the stem without toughing the outer part.
- Cut the spring onions into a ring shape. Also, chop the stems into a diamond shape.
- Break the eggs into a basin and beat them instantly with a whisk. To taste, add a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper.
- In another basin, put the sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Then mix it thoroughly.
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and then add the broccoli and spring onions. Heat very well, stirring occasionally. It will take about 10/15 minutes.
- Put the vegetables aside and in the same pan add the beaten eggs. Using a spatula, mix the eggs and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the rice and then already prepared sugar and soy sauce emulsion. Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes until the rice is amber and slightly crispy.
- Now add the cooked vegetables and season with sesame oil and rice vinegar. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes before serving.
To prepare this dish, make sure you have a cast-iron wok or non-stick pan. In this way, the eggs will not stick and the rice grains will remain well separated. You can also spice up this dish by adding some dried chilli at the end.