A quick Chinese fried rice recipe such as you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Leftover rice, plus a few eggs, baby carrots, peas, and soy is all you would like. Final touch with Garnish.
- ⅔ cup chopped baby carrots
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, or to taste
- Place carrots in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a low boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in peas, then immediately drain in a colander.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Pour in vegetable oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook for about 30 seconds. Add eggs; stir quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables.
- Stir in cooked rice. Add soy sauce and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss again.