This dish originated in the Tuscan town of Siena. It’s an Italian dish mixed with beans, tomatoes, etc.
- Cannellini Beans 400 g, canned, drained and rinsed
- Tomatoes 140 g, cherry variety, sliced
- Onion 1 small, finely chopped
- White Wine Vinegar 15 ml
- Extra virgin olive oil 30 ml
- Basil 24 g, leaves, torn
- black, freshly ground
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Wine Pairing: Rosso di Montepulciano