In this recipe, you have a choice of adding your favorite veggies tossed with noodles. This is an amazing
- 2 (3 oz.) packages instant ramen (spice packet discarded)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled, trimmed, and thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- large pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. everything bagel seasoning
- Chopped scallions, for serving
1. In a medium pot of boiling water, cook the ramen noodles according to package instructions.
Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the bell pepper
and carrot, and cook until, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and
chile flakes, and cook, stirring, until fragrant and golden, about 1 minute. Add the soy sauce and
brown sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved and sauce is boiling, about 15 seconds.
3. Add the cooked noodles and toss to coat. Push the noodles to one half of the skillet and add the
egg to the other half. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Let sit until the very edges look like they
are about to set, about 20 seconds. Stir occasionally, using a wooden spoon or spatula until soft
curds form, about 3 minutes.
4. Combine noodles and eggs and spoon into bowls.
5. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and green onion.