The sweetness from the sweet potatoes is the perfect complement to the spicy chorizo inside these
make-ahead burritos! Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze. Take one out of the freezer and thaw
in the fridge overnight for a quick breakfast idea!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package Mexican-style chorizo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) package queso fresco, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place sweet potatoes and green onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle
with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out evenly.
3. Roast in the preheated oven until soft, about 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook chorizo in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, breaking apart with a
wooden spoon, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain any excess fat; transfer chorizo to a bowl and set aside to
cool. Wipe out the skillet and return it to the stove.
5. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Heat butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs and
scramble until just set, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape eggs into a bowl and let cool.
6. Line up tortillas in assembly-line fashion. Divide chorizo between the 8 tortillas. Top each with a
portion of the sweet potato-onion mixture, scrambled eggs, 1 tablespoon salsa, and queso
fresco. Fold the bottom of each tortilla up over the filling, then fold in both sides and roll up
7. Flip burritos so they are seam-side-down. Wrap each individually with aluminum foil and place
into a resalable plastic bag.