This recipe is inspired by delicious succotash, a colorful dinner full of fresh flavors.
- Koshere salt
- 1 (17.5-oz) package gnocchi
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into ½” pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick-cut slices bacon, cut into ½” strips
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c. corn kernels (defrosted and patted dry if frozen)
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Torn basil, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted water, boil gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer zucchini to a plate and return skillet to heat.
- Add bacon to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Empty all but about 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet and add onion and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper and cook until onions and peppers have softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add corn and thyme and cook 3 minutes more. Add cooked gnocchi and butter, and cook until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in cooked zucchini, ¾ of the cooked bacon, and lemon juice.
- Serve topped with basil and remaining bacon.