A friend shared this rich velvety chocolate mousse recipe with me. I love to cook and have tons of
recipes, but this one is a favorite. Best of all, it’s easy to make
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Optional: Whipped cream and raspberries
1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water; stir until smooth. Stir a small amount of
hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2
minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Quickly transfer to a
small bowl. Stir occasionally until completely cooled.
2. In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks
form. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If desired,
garnish with whipped cream and raspberries.