The perfect sauteed mushrooms recipe is right here step-by-step for your preparation. It has a best savory flavor with lemon and fresh herbs.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Let the mushrooms cook, without stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. This will help them get a nice golden brown sear.
- Give the pan a good shake or two and continue cooking the mushrooms, stirring only occasionally, until soft and well-browned, 5 to 8 more minutes depending on the size of your mushrooms. Turn the heat to low and stir in the rice vinegar, tamari, and garlic. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with fresh tarragon. Serve hot.