This Roasted broccoli with lentils and preseved lemon is a flavourful recipe with a preparation time of 50 minutes and can add upto 300 calories.
- 100g long-stemmed broccoli
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g Puy lentils
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 small preserved lemon, pulp scraped out and skin finely chopped
- a small handful flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for the dressing
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Toss the broccoli with 1 tsp oil, lemon zest, garlic and season well. Tip onto a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes until tender and golden at the edges.
- Rinse the lentils and put in a small pan with cold water. Bring up to the boil and cook for 25 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice, finely chopped preserved lemon, a little chopped parsley and vinegar with 1 tsp oil and season.
- Drain the lentils and toss with most of the dressing. Add the cherry tomatoes, red onion and most of the parsley and toss. Tip onto a plate, top with the roasted broccoli and the remaining dressing.