To accompany any meat or chicken this potato apple gratin which is creamier is a right choice. When you eat this recipe in the winter nights it becomes more favourite.
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Pork 250 g, smoked and sliced
- Onion 1, small and sliced
- Potatoes 3/4 each, peeled and thinly sliced
- Apples 2 each, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- Butter 3 tbsp, melted
- Thyme 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. Heat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) or 375°F gas 5. Grease 2 individual baking dishes.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the pork on all sides. Remove and set aside. Add the onion to the pan and cook for a few minutes until it becomes soften.
3. Toss the potatoes and apples in the melted butter and thyme and season it to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Add the pork and onions and divide between the baking dishes. Pour over the pan juices. Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned.