Place all the veggies steak mixture onto the center of the cabbage leaf then wrap the short end of a leaf.
- 8 large green cabbage leaves (from 1 head)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone
1. In a large pot of boiling water, use tongs to dip cabbage leaves in water for 30 seconds to
blanch. Place on a paper towel–lined plate to dry.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, then add onion and bell peppers.
Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions and peppers are tender,
about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet.
3. Add steak in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook until steak is seared on one
side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the steak is seared on second side and cooked to your
liking, about 2 minutes more for medium.
4. Add onion and peppers back to skillet and toss to combine. Top mixture with an even layer of
provolone and cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Cook until cheese is melty, about 1 minute.
5. Place a scoop of steak mixture onto the center of a cabbage leaf. Fold short end of leaf over
mixture, then roll up the long side like a burrito with an open end. Repeat with remaining
ingredients and serve immediately.