Thick and creamy loaded broccoli potato cheese soup is full of delicious vegetables and delicious
- 1 package (20 ounces) of refrigerated O'Brien hash brown potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1. Combine the hash browns and garlic in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk the sour
cream, flour, pepper, and nutmeg until smooth; stir in stock. Pour into slow cooker; stir to
combine. Cook, covered, on low until hash browns are tender, 6-8 hours.
2. Add the broccoli and 3 cups cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes
longer. Serve with green onions and remaining cheese.