The best Lavender Lemon Bars recipe for cooking! I’m totally addicted to using lavender as a flavoring. I have never made lemon bars, but they’re one of my favorite bar desserts.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar. Add the flour, almonds, lavender and lemon zest; beat until crumbly. Pat into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs and lemon juice; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.