This is an easy lasagna soup made with ground beef, sausage, tomatoes, lasagna noodles, etc., with the
final touch of pram and basil.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into 2" pieces
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Torn fresh basil, for garnish
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and season with salt. Cook until tender
and golden, 5 minutes, then add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to pot.
2. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes, balsamic, and dried
3. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Add lasagna noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes.
5. Add mozzarella and stir, letting melt into soup.
6. Garnish with Parm and basil.