If you are a big fan of bone marrow, do it by yourself at home. However, you can eat the marrow from a bone by toasting it.
- Lobster 1
- Lamb fat 50g (from the belly)
- Tortillas 6 flour tortillas
- Sauerkraut 60g
- Refried beans 60g
- Bone marrow salsa
- Egg yolks 25g
- Kombucha 15ml (or orange juice)
- Fermented gooseberry juice 15ml (or lime juice)
- Bone marrow fat 100g
- Scotch bonnet chilli 20g, finely chopped
For the lobster
- Bring water to 78°C and cook for 12 minutes, turn off the heat and leave it to slowly cool down.
- Clean the lobster, slice and warm in a pan with the lamb fat before plating.
For the bone marrow salsa
- Heat the bone marrow fat in a steamer at 80°C.
- Combine the egg yolk, kombucha and gooseberry juice in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Whisk over a bain-marie until thick and frothy.
- Gradually add the bone marrow fat while off the heat.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and scotch bonnet.
- Heat up the tortillas and fill them with a spoon of beans and sauerkraut, followed by the lobster.
- Serve with the warm sauce on the side.