Soft and chewy healthy oatmeal cookies are made with oats, honey, coconut oil, chopped nuts, raisins,
chocolate chips, and much more!
- 1 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 c. whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- 1/3 c. chopped dark chocolate, plus more for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl,
whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
2. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in
egg, vanilla, and applesauce until combined. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in
dried cherries and chocolate.
3. Using a large cooking scoop, arrange balls of dough on prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
Gently flatten each ball slightly. Top with more chocolate.
4. Bake until golden around edges, about 12 minutes.