Easy Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread. This recipe makes a lightweight, sweet loaf of bread that’s dotted with raisins.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar, soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- Spoon half the batter into 2 greased 8×4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with half of the reserved cinnamon-sugar; repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Freeze option: Wrap cooled bread in foil and freeze for up to 3 months. To use, thaw at room temperature.